ibdepunto foro de Ibrica de punto
hacer punto, hacer media, hacer punto de media, hacer agujeta, hacer calceta, calcetar, hacer molde, tejer, tejer a dos agujas, tejer a palillo, tricotar...
y tambin ganchillo, fieltro y dems labores laneras

F.A.Q.F.A.Q.   BuscarBuscar   Lista de MiembrosLista de Miembros   Grupos de UsuariosGrupos de Usuarios   RegstreseRegstrese 
 PerfilPerfil   Conctese para revisar sus mensajesConctese para revisar sus mensajes   ConectarseConectarse 

salary cap situation and thus avoid being released. Defensiv

Publicar Nuevo Tema   Responder al Tema    ndice de foro de Ibrica de punto -> Ganchillo / Crochet
Ver tema anterior :: Ver siguiente tema  
Autor Mensaje
elaine95

MensajePublicado: Jue 04 Jul 2019 7:49 am    Ttulo del mensaje: salary cap situation and thus avoid being released. Defensiv Responder citando

DENVER (AP) — Hall of Famer Gary Zimmerman realized Pat Bowlen wasn’t your typical Chris Lindstrom Jersey , meddlesome NFL owner his first Thanksgiving in Denver when he found a sign-up sheet for a turkey, surely a prank on the rookies and other newcomers like himself.What the heck, he figured he’d play along, so he scribbled his name.“Then I come into the locker room,” Zimmerman recounted, “and there’s Pat sticking turkeys into our lockers.”That was Pat Bowlen.Chum.Confidante.Competitor.A billionaire businessman whose family made its fortune in oil, gas and real estate, Bowlen just wanted to be one of the guys.A competitive triathlete himself, Bowlen often was found on the StairMaster, drenched in sweat when he wasn’t on the sideline checking out practice.“If there was a way for him to compete against what he’s going through,” former defensive end Alfred Williams said a couple of summers ago, “he’d beat that damn disease every time.”Bowlen died Thursday night at age 75 after a long battle with Alzheimer’s, one that forced him to step down from his daily duties running his beloved Broncos five years ago.“Just woke up to the very sad news of my friend & confidant Mr. B passing away,” Hall of Famer Terrell Davis tweeted Friday morning. “The world has lost a great man/legend.”Bowlen’s death less than two months before his enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame brought an outpouring of condolences from across the NFL landscape, from players who thanked him for his friendship to rival owners who appreciated his foresight.“Pat personified all that’s right about the NFL and is extremely deserving of this summer’s recognition as a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said.Bowlen was known as much for his humility as his competitive fire, doing his best to stay out of the spotlight even as he built a team that was among the most successful in professional sports.“A huge reason I came to Denver was I knew Mr. Bowlen was all about winning,” Peyton Manning said earlier this month. “And I knew I was on the clock and wasn’t going to be able to play 12 more years. I knew the Broncos were about winning, and winning now.”Manning capped the second chapter of his storied career by becoming the first QB to win Super Bowl titles with two different teams, retiring a month after the Broncos’ 24-10 win over Carolina in Super Bowl 50.That night, general manager John Elway thrust the silver trophy into the air and hollered, “This one’s for Pat!”With that, Elway returned the favor for Bowlen’s famous “This one’s for John!” declaration following the franchise’s first championship, a 31-24 upset of the mighty Green Bay Packers in 1998.Bowlen not only wanted his own team to win but for the league to thrive. He served on more than a dozen NFL committees http://www.atlantafalconsteamonline.com/kaleb-mcgary-jersey , including the competition and broadcast groups that played key roles in the game’s soaring popularity.“He wanted to do the best thing for the league and he didn’t want any credit for it,” former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said. “He didn’t take a whole lot of accolades but he did a whole lot of work. And I think that was Pat in general.”Among the Twitter tributes to Bowlen on Friday was this one from Broncos long snapper Casey Kreiter: “I never had the privilege to meet you in person but based on the first class organization you built in the Broncos, it is clear you were a tremendous leader and person.”Indeed, only a handful of current Broncos — Von Miller, Chris Harris Jr. and Derek Wolfe — were on the roster when Bowlen was still making daily treks to team headquarters. His presence remains, however.Outside the team’s locker room is a large picture of Bowlen and his legacy quote: “I want us to be number 1 in everything.”“I will miss Pat greatly and will always treasure the times we had together,” tweeted Elway . “He was a tremendous mentor and a tremendous friend.”Patriots owner Robert Kraft said, “There was no owner or person like Pat Bowlen. I loved him. … He was relentless in his competitive desire to win, but he was always a gentleman, a professional and a trusted partner. He was a leader both in his success and in his kindness and humility.”Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said in Bowlen he found a kindred spirit, one who recruited him in selecting dark horse candidate Paul Tagliabue as commissioner in 1989, and in bringing Rupert Murdoch and Fox aboard as a broadcast partner in 1993, which “wasn’t a popular decision at the time, but it was the right one,” Jones said.Bowlen’s “leadership of the Broncos and his dedication to the entire league will serve as a template of excellence in sports ownership that will be emulated and admired for years to come,” Jones added. “And that’s a wonderful legacy. Our thoughts and support go out to his family and also to football fans all over the country who have benefited from his wisdom and his love for our game.”Make no mistake: Bowlen’s first love was his Broncos.Zimmerman said that during Manning’s whirlwind free agency tour in 2012 he knew all the other teams pursuing the star quarterback were wasting their time once he saw that Denver was in the mix.“I knew he’d be a Bronco before he did,” Zimmerman boasted, “because once he visited here and met with Mr. Bowlen, I knew there was no way he could go anywhere else.” EAGAN, Minn. (AP) — Two years away from free agency, Adam Thielen was among the best bargains in the NFL.Facing a tight salary cap situation, the Minnesota Vikings could have waited to reward Thielen, their two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver who was tied for fourth in the league with 113 receptions last season.Waiting, and creating potential tension with team cornerstones Kendall Sheffield Jersey , hasn’t been their approach. So the Vikings and Thielen agreed to a four-year, $64 million contract extension last week.“It shows what type of organization this is,” Thielen said this week as players began their first round of organized offseason workouts. “They’re not here to lowball people. They’re not here to take advantage of people. They want to reward the people that helped this football team win games and, ultimately, they want to win games. That’s probably one of the biggest reasons that I want to be here for a long time, because I want to win games. I guess it just shows what this organization is about and how they treat their players.”Thielen, the famously undrafted player from Division II Minnesota State who had the third-most receptions in franchise history last year, signed for an annual average of $16 million on his new deal that is the sixth highest among NFL wide receivers. He can earn as much as $73 million with incentives over the life of the contract covering the 2021-24 seasons.This was the latest move by Minnesota general manager Rick Spielman to maintain the foundation — mostly drafted-and-developed players — of a roster with a recharged Super Bowl aspiration. Thielen’s extension followed those given to wide receiver Stefon Diggs, defensive end Danielle Hunter and linebacker Eric Kendricks in the past year.The Vikings have thus created an environment, particularly on defense, built on remarkable continuity in a league that’s constantly turning over. The front office hasn’t shied away from extensions a year or more before free agency, and the players have shown a willingness to stay and forgo the chance to test an open market.“I feel like we just love playing with each other,” Kendricks said. “We know what kind of group we have. We have each other’s backs. I take a lot of trips with these guys in the offseason, and we just enjoy being together, working together. We know what we’re all chasing. I feel like it says a lot about what we’ve got.”Linebacker Anthony Barr was an outlier among recent high draft picks, in 2014, by the Vikings who hit free agency without an extension. He even agreed to join the New York Jets before reconsidering and staying where his heart was for a little less money.“I sent him a text like, ‘Hey, it’s going to be weird not playing with you,’ and he was like, ‘Just wait a second,'” said Kendricks, who has been a teammate of Barr’s since college at UCLA. “I’m like, ‘Oh http://www.atlantafalconsteamonline.com/john-cominsky-jersey , I see.’ Everything kind of played out how it did. Couldn’t be happier.”Barr’s decision even struck the typically stoic Harrison Smith. Speaking to reporters this week, the Pro Bowl safety choked up and acknowledged being surprised by the emotion he felt.“He’s one of my best friends,” said Smith, another high draft pick, in 2012, who never hit free agency. “Honestly, I wanted him to go get as much money as he could make. Pro sports, it’s how things happen. I obviously wanted him here, as well. So, I wasn’t going to be upset one way or the other. It’s an emotional game, and you make friendships, and you make plays together, and you’re pumped for the guy next to you. It’s why I play.”The feeling is mutual around the team’s facility.Tight end Kyle Rudolph said this week he’d be willing to restructure his contract to help the team’s salary cap situation and thus avoid being released. Defensive end Everson Griffen, the longest-tenured member of the team as a 2010 draft pick, already did that last month. Taking a pay cut was not his preference, of course, but the support he received from the team while taking a leave for mental health issues sure made it easier to stay.“They took care of me and they treated me like family,” Griffen said. “I’ve been here for 10 years. I’ve played good football for them, and I felt like they handled the situation that I was in perfectly. They took me under their wing. They made sure I had everything lined up, and it was a good thing. I just want to repay that. It’s always bigger than football.”
Ver perfil del usuario Enviar mensaje privado Visitar sitio web del autor
Mostrar mensajes anteriores:   
Publicar Nuevo Tema   Responder al Tema    ndice de foro de Ibrica de punto -> Ganchillo / Crochet Todas las horas estn en GMT + 1 Hora
Pgina 1 de 1

Saltar a: